Today, the technology outside the enterprise may be more sophisticated than what is available inside; nowhere is that more true than with collaboration and social tools. Increasingly employees are expecting the same level of sophistication for collaboration and social networking at work. Yet, in most organizations, collaboration and social networking tools—despite being catalysts for considerable value and change—are not being effectively integrated into the enterprise online channel.
The challenges for integrating these tools into an organization include:
- a disconnect between strategic goals and usage of collaboration and social tools
- limited user adoption, or even awareness of tools’ value
- inconclusive results, and challenges in measurement and metrics
- less-than-optimal use of the tools
- the fear factor; relating to legal, regulatory and compliance issues
- lack of leadership buy-in and visible support
- an incomplete picture of the potential power of these tools
Aligning today’s tools with tomorrow’s goals
LDS works with our clients to align collaboration and social networking with the enterprise’s strategic business needs, while achieving their promise of providing value to the enterprise.
We provide answers to questions like:
- What areas can social networking and collaboration tools have the most positive and dramatic impact on your business goals?
- How can you improve adoption of these tools, leveraging them to improve on your business processes?
- Are there ways to measure results and leverage collaboration tool successes?
- How can leaders set the stage for adoption and integration?
- What is the best way to leverage the porous nature of social tools—inside and outside the enterprise—to positively affect your organization?