Content Strategist, Senior Consultant
LDS Content Strategists occupy a critical role on LDS projects, working with usability experts, business strategists and technologists to envision and design breakthrough innovations that deliver true business value. As a Content Strategist, you are primarily responsible for providing informed leadership in the following core areas:
- Content requirements identification
- Content solution design and implementation
- Editorial standards definition and content authoring
- Content migration planning and execution
- Content publishing and operational support
You will join a highly collaborative environment of innovative, success-driven professionals who seek and rely on your expertise, open-mindedness, and creative problem-solving abilities. You will provide expert consultation to senior executives and high-level project sponsors and should be comfortable and confident providing guidance within a complex, challenging project landscape.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten years in a consulting role addressing large-scale online content initiatives. This position reports to the Managing Director of Content Strategy.
Qualities We Seek
Effective, experienced content strategists who . . .
- Deeply care about online content--behind the firewall, on the public Web, and in other key venues--and are passionate about its value to the enterprise.
- Can design elegant, impactful online content solutions that support a client's business objectives.
- Consider the many dimensions of online content: from messaging strategy to content production, and from informational structure to metadata management.
- Are sensitive to the operational impact of content scope and strives for efficiency and sustainability.
- Know that content is king and will go that extra mile to ensure that our clients' content solutions have both "steak and sizzle".
- Would enjoy working as an industry leader supporting world-class clients.
In this role, you would:
- Define content scope and approach in alignment with business objectives, editorial best practices and operational realities.
- Position the online content solution within the context of complex enterprise information ecosystems.
- Analyze clients' current-state online channels and discern implications for content migration, transformation and maintenance efforts.
- Design informational structures that align with brand and messaging strategies.
- Produce content page "instances" and author web content that works.
- Align the content solution with the operational and systems environment.
- Evolve best practices for content strategy.
As a content strategist, you will be expected to provide solution leadership that influences your clients, team members, stakeholders and LDS leadership for successful outcomes.
- At a minimum, a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Communications or other relevant liberal arts major.
- Masters degree in Communications, Media, Journalism or Library Information Sciences would be preferred.
- Florham Park, NJ
- Travel to client sites expected (approximately 20%), trade shows and sales prospects as required.
|E-mail resume to LDS||VIEW ALL JOB LISTINGS|