User Experience Design, Senior Consultant
As an LDS Senior Consultant in the User Experience Design discipline, you are primarily responsible for providing insight, accountability and leadership in any or all of the following core areas:
- Analysis – gather and synthesize appropriate design input, including the impact the business wants to have on the end users.
- Experience Design – develop the site structure, navigation and page wireframes to demonstrate how requirements are to be realized in the user interface.
- Iteration – collaborate with team members to find the appropriate balance of business value, technical complexity, user adoption or influence, and operational costs that the proposed design will impact.
- Design Documentation and Presentation – explain the design’s intent, behavior and rationale to different audiences: executives, end users, developers and designers who may follow and extend design standards in the future.
- Design Validation – plan and execute appropriate usability and design validation.
The role requires ability to lead and execute the experience design delivery process, on time and on budget. Direct experience should be in excess of seven years as a consultant, addressing interaction design for large-scale online initiatives. The position reports to the Managing Director, Experience Design.
Qualities We Seek
Effective, experienced user experience consultants who:
- Enjoy designing powerful and effective online experiences that solve complex business problems across multiple industries and end-users segments
- Understand that an optimal solution is designed only when all dimensions of impact are considered (e.g., business stakeholders, operations, users and technology)
- Exemplify quality and professionalism in all aspects of user experience consulting – from solution analysis and design to documentation and measurement of standards and results
- Would enjoy working as an industry leader supporting world-class clients– gathering and synthesizing appropriate design input, including the impact the business wants to have on the end users.
In this role, you would:
- Fully internalize and translate business needs, user requirements, technology considerations and content strategies from the client and internal project team.
- Facilitate design sessions and use iterative design techniques to synthesize findings and feedback into an informed experience design.
- Produce fully elaborated UX deliverables including, but not limited to:
- Page-level wireframes (interactive prototypes, a plus)
- Interface behavior / design specifications
- User profiles, scenarios or activity flows
- Site maps
- Design patterns
- Feel comfortable and competent working on B2C marketing solutions and large, complex B2E applications and solutions.
- Plan and execute assessment strategies to measure solution adoption in the form of desired behavioral and attitudinal outcomes.
- Continually improve on user experience methods, tools, intellectual capital and reusable assets that improve our methodology and sustain our competitive advantage.
A particularly strong candidate can also provide guidance in any of the following areas:
- Designing for SharePoint 2010
- Web 2.0 and social media
- Mobile experiences
Traits You Should Have
- Understanding of digital enterprise solutions – and the online ecosystem within which they exist.
- A practical understanding of how online solutions are effectively deployed as operational channels.
- Exceptional communication skills: presentation, facilitation, oral, written, listening and conflict resolution.
- Enthusiasm for assuming responsibility and accountability.
- A flair for critical thinking.
- A confident, open-minded, flexible and consultative manner.
- At a minimum, a Bachelor of Arts degree in UX-related area (e.g., Human-Computer Interaction, Behavioral and Social Sciences, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology).
- Masters degree in this area would be preferred.
- Florham Park, NJ
- Travel to client sites expected (approximately 20%), trade shows and sales prospects as required.
|E-mail resume to LDS||VIEW ALL JOB LISTINGS|